Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Video Game Revolution

This video provided an interesting and very informative history of video games.  It was fascinating to see how video games have evolved from one blip moving on a screen to games like Grand Theft Auto in a short period of time.  I have only been a fan of video games a couple times in my life.  I have been addicted to Galaga and Super Mario Brothers which really shows my age.  The technology is interesting but I try to avoid them because they can become too time consuming.   

The guy at the end of the video was correct when he said the next big thing is total immersion into the game.  That is happening today with devices like the Oculus Rift.  I read a news story this week that the Oculus Rift was a big hit at SXSW in Austin.  The story said people waited for many hours for a chance to try the Oculus Rift.  Even though I'm not a gamer, this is a device I would love to experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment