Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Massive Attack

I had never heard of Massive Attack until I saw their video in class.  I guess I was too lost in the heavy metal scene of the 80s and 90s to discover some great music and amazing videos.  I really got lost in the imagery of the "Karmacoma" video.  The music was great, but the video was better.  I have watched several more of their videos and get the same feeling.  I like the video imagery better than the music.  The videos are a work of art and seem like they had finished the video images first and then added music.  I watched some of their live shows and it does seem something is missing without the videos.  I probably would not have given them a second listen if I had just heard the music.

This live version of "Karmacoma" would have been better if they had projected the video images in the background.

 
 Massive Attack - "Karmacoma" Live

The video for "Teardrop" was very creative, but like the other videos, I enjoyed the video imagery more than the music. 

 

Massive Attack - "Teardrop"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment